A stunning, elegant and luxurious throw featuring hand drawn illustrations of six Black women through the ages, who represent the multiple facets of the Black female experience.
Fabric designed by the prestigious Haitian design house Yael et Valerie, as their 'Past and Connection' series. This throw is a truly special piece and looks beautiful over a couch, sofa or as bedding, adding a wonderful feminine energy and grace to your surroundings
Fabric designed in Haiti, printed and tailored in the UK.
100% cotton with a beige coloured velvet backing.
185 cm x 145cm.
Handwash or dry clean only
Who are these incredible illustrations?
The women illustrated are:
- A Queen Mother of the ancient West African kingdom of Benin, Iyoba Idia c.1500
- Henriette Saint-Marc c.1700, Haitian freedom fighter and spy; Haitian revolutionary, Sanite Belair c. 1804
- US civil right leader Kathleen Cleaver c.1970;
- A woman representing the nourishing role of Black women through history;
- And finally, an illustration featuring modern day woman, standing proudly on the shoulders of her ancestors.
Why it's on The Cornrow?
We fell in love with the 'Past and Connection' fabric on first sight, and our co-founder Kemi has used it extensively in her home. We were so pleased to make the connection with Valerie of Yael et Valerie and be able to produce our own home accessories using this special and powerful fabric for our Cornrow Heritage Collection.
Our Cornrow Heritage Collection makes everyday items gel with a modern black aesthetic. We have sourced some beautiful fabrics from across the world which we are making into wonderful everyday items - cushions, beanbags, throws... there is so much to come from The Cornrow home interiors collection!