RO's Jollof Sauce
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
RO's Jollof Sauce
Handmade Tomato and red Pepper Paste with spices for one pot rice dishes and chicken. A Smokey aroma from perfectly roasted vegetables and our special blend of spices give a mild spice level with just the right amount of kick from scotch bonnets.
Ingredients: Tomato (33%), Red Pepper, Tomato Puree, Onion, Shallot, Sunflower Oil, Scotch Bonnet Chillies, Salt, coriander, turmeric, onion, cumin, ginger, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, white pepper, cayenne, Smoked Paprika, Ginger, Thyme, Nutmeg, Bay Leaf.
- No added sugar.
- No artificial colour.
- No artificial Flavours.
- No added Gluten or Dairy.
*All RO's sauces are produced with fresh ingredients in a commercial kitchen so may contain traces of allergens or non plant-based matter. Allergens Advice in Bold.
Does not contain preservative. Once opened, keep refrigerated. consume within 5 days.
Net. Weight - 190g
RO's Cooking Suggestion:
As a guide you’ll need: 250g rice (washed thoroughly), Stock, Salt and pepper, Vegetable oil, chopped onion, heavy bottom saucepan with lid, kitchen foil (optional).
- In saucepan, fry onion in oil till soft. Add jollof paste and washed rice. Mix thoroughly to coat with paste.
- Add stock, you will need enough to cover the rice by about an inch. Mix thoroughly and bring to just boiling.
- Mix and reduce heat to simmer, cover with foil and lid and cook till rice is tender, cooking time will depend on type of rice.
- Check after 10-15 minutes, add more stock, if necessary, don’t worry if it catches on the bottom, this will add to the flavour.
- Once rice is cooked, season to taste. Leave to rest for about 30 minutes. Serve with fried plantain and vegetables.
Why It's On The Cornrow
Our Food Market curates authentic sauces from across the Black Diaspora. As two girl's of Nigerian heritage and lovers of jollofment, it would be a scandal not to include a West African brand. Ro's sauces are fresh and delicious, they are tried and tested and 100% approved!